Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I Am The Widow

This poem is dedicated to Kimberly Richardson. Kimberly is the President of, “Widows of Opportunity”, in Columbia, South Carolina.  After losing her own husband she has become a blessing to many other widows in her community, around the country and even around the world.  My heart is moved by her organization and I hope that your heart will be equally as moved. Please check out Kimberly and her organization at www.widowsofopportunity.com

I Am The Widow


I am the Widow
I go back to Black
Unfortunately, my Husband won’t be coming back
James 1:27 says, care is on the way from Heaven
My bills are long, now that my man is gone
My children’s laughter is fading faster and faster


Who knows what to do with his clothes?
They say, “Girl, you have got to let go!”
But I don’t want to let go, because I’m just not ready
The vows at the church said, “For better or worse”.
How come no one said, “It might be cut short and just end”.
The will of the Father can cut like a knife


Tomorrow might be better right?
I hear his voice in my head and that makes me smile
He says, “Baby, these ribs are like wood to a fire”
I’ll never have the chance to cook for him again
So all I do now is reach for my pen
I speak to my diary that never talks back

For, I am the widow and I go back to Black


Much Luv, 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment