Saturday, December 14, 2013

I Gave You All My Ugly



Two years ago, I gave you all my ugly
You gave me all your ugly too
I wasted all my pretty
I wanted to heal you in the place where you stored past hurt
But I was too broken to be of any help
Where do broken hearts go?

To Heaven or Hell
If they walk around wounded they go where I did
I burned in the Flames

Then someone called my name
I looked back because I thought it was you
The light was so bright that I couldn’t make out the face

He stepped out boldly
His robe was so white that I had to turn away
That’s when he grabbed me and wiped all the soot away
When he opened his arms, doves flew out all sorts of ways
He gave me hug and walked me to the table

He knew me by my name
He said, “All your ugly has passed away”.
At the table he showed me a mirror
At first I saw your face

He told me that I was looking for a Savior but that you were not the Way
I couldn’t be with you because he hadn’t worked on me
And then I looked again but this time I saw Me
I violated your trust but it allowed me to regain His

He taught me a new obedience and I instantly felt like a kid
His love for me extends from His Kingdom to my world
As the soot began to fade I saw my pretty face

As the King ate a meal with me he explained that my brokenness was gone
And that the memories we created were sort of like a Love Song
He said that because neither of us was ready in his eyes we’re still together apart
In all our mess and chaos, only He could offer us a new start
I told him that you’ve moved on to a girl with style and grace

He said, “My child, the only thing I want you to focus on is that your ugliness has been erased”.
I’m so blessed
That’s all that I could manage to say
He saved me before death entrapped me

Proverbs 31

White Candle

The pages opened and he showed me
I heard the faint sound of a guitar playing behind and a lovely melody in the wind
“Her Husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.
She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life”.

With soot on my hands and face
I finally understood my Light & His Grace
He Saved Me at that moment
Right there, with all my soot from the flames, he showed me one page

He walked me back to my world and said
“My Promises are true”
“Love will be a Battle”
“I Love Your Husband more than you do”
“Your union will survive because it is my Will for both of you”

1 Corinthians 13
“Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance”
I’m not the one that he believes in
I’m trying to let him go, trying to turn the page
His Happiness means the world to me even though he might not think so
Do broken hearts make their way back?

Revelation 3
“I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close
You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me”.
He gave me another hug with his glorious white rob on
He never seemed worried or concerned about all the soot that I had on


In His silence, I knew that I would see Him again
When He calls me back Home to Heaven
For now, I’ll return to my world but this time without my ugly

Praise the Lord

 post signature

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the prose, I believe you did an outstanding job as I felt your words and sentiments and the significance of which resonated within my spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Don:

    Wishing you and your family a very happy holiday filled with the Spirit of God. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I truly struggled with the poetry. I will challenge myself in the year ahead to do many of the things that I'm not necessarily comfortable with. We constantly underestimate the power of our own inner strength. I'm beginning to realize just how strong I actually am and I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised.

    If someone would have asked me a year ago would I be where I am today, I would have had to say, "I doubt that". I have exceeded my own expectations this year and oddly enough I feel like I'm just getting warmed up. I'm looking very forward to the year ahead. If it's God's will, I'll have a spectacular year.

    Thank you immensely for being such an avid reader here. You are appreciated.

    Much Luv,
    ~BC~

    ReplyDelete