Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

There was no way that I could start the first day of the year without the people that have stuck by me and read my blog faithfully for the past six-months. I appreciate you and what I do here at The B.C. Chronicles is for us! I say us because our relationship is co-dependent. I have an urge that comes from deep within me that urges me to share and release my stories here with you. You for one reason or another enjoy reading them and I'd like to take this moment to thank you. When my eyes opened this morning I grabbed my laptop and started typing. I wanted to show you how I decided to bring in the New Year, and I also wanted to share with you my vision and my outlook for 2011. I have no specific resolutions for 2011 yet I can tell you there isn't a single doubt in my mind that this will be my "fairy tale" year. This year feels unmatched to any and it has a magical feel to it that I haven't experienced in years before. As the sun begins to rise outside of my window and I take tiny sips from my hot green tea I am reflecting on some of the highlights of 2010. My broken heart was in such desperate need of healing by late spring of 2010, and shortly after I decided to pour my heart into these pages. The warm welcome I received from my readers helped to restore my faith in humanity. I made business and personal connections here that I'm nearly positive will stand the test of time. Together we healed my heart and what happened in the process was a shift in my own consciousness. Everything I already loved about the world that I live in seemed to only increase. The sky is more beautiful, the sun shines much brighter, and the flowers are prettier than ever. It only seemed right for me to increase my connection with that feeling by making my way to Times Square in the heart of Manhattan.

When one of my dearest childhood bestie's, "BklynTye" called me from Virginia to say that she was coming up for the weekend to go with me to watch the ball drop I knew that backing out wasn't an option. The crowd was insane as I kept my fears of being trampled at bay. I simply allowed myself to absorb the moment like a sponge. I saw people singing and laughing and some brave souls even had their children with them. I didn't question the hype because I already understood what it was. It was all about connection and whether the people out there were aware of that or not is always up for discussion. As I gently pushed my way through the crowds (confronting my own issues with claustrophobia the entire time) I felt as if I needed to get as close as I could to see the actual event. I already knew before coming out that I was going to start this year off sprinting; Sprinting as if this year were a marathon that I can't afford to lose. No wasted moments, no leaving things to mere chance, just a year of calculated action and accountability for my life. Why live if we're not going to participate in what living truly entails? Why take bold steps filled with painfully difficult New Year's resolutions that dissipate by February or March? Oh no, not me, not this year. This year I'll follow my inner voice on everything that it calls me to do. I won't question it or dismiss it because I've become too familiar with how accurate it is. I'll travel this year because there are places that my inner voice is telling me that I must go to. I'll be open to receiving love this year and I'll avoid sending contradicting messages to the universe that continues to be so good to me. I'll consult the Source on everything and anything. I also plan on opening my mouth this year when I kneel down to pray. I said silent prayers last night as I stood there in the crowd and I mentioned all of the above. I prayed that God continues to humble me as the load seems to be increasing by the day. In less than a month's time I've signed deals, I've taken on new roles and writing projects in support of other people's projects, and most importantly I have started writing a fiction novel called, "Family Business" a creation by my co-author Jason Lanzar Rivera (KOPC). My cup is overflowing quickly and I couldn't be more elated.

There isn't much in this moment that I don't feel like I can't take on. I'm open to receiving more projects, and a part of me is learning that balance will follow. I wanted to make sure that I start my singles and my couples on a very positive footing for the New Year. With that being said I'd like to start with some positive advice that I believe will benefit us all. For my singles, if you carried a "list" around in 2010 whether it was written or simply metaphorical yet it included all of the attributes you're looking for in a life partner I want you to put it away. I really want you to burn it and here's why. We discussed our deal breakers a few months back and we made it unmistakably clear that we all have certain things that we simply won't compromise when it comes to meeting someone. For example, if you're a non-smoker and a smoker wants to date you it may be unreasonable for you to start a connection with this person, yet if the "list" says your new mate has to be 6'3" and God sends a man that's 5'11" to your door will you open it? My reasoning for pointing this out is that in many cases our lists can be slightly out of touch with reality. If that's the case then being out of touch with reality would also be the cause of why we're still single. If characteristics on the "lists" aren't things that we can look past then in all actuality we are sending out a strong message that we really aren't open or ready to receiving love in our lives. The blockage is circulating our vision because we can't see good potential if at the forefront they don't meet our somewhat foolish requirements. The man that doesn't make six-figures annually may treat you one hundred times better than the man that does. The woman that is single and has four or five children might be God's best kept secret for you but you won't date her because, "she has too many kids". God prepares whomever we are destined to be with before we ever encounter that person. He works on them while he's working on us and that's why when the two meet the bond is truly unbreakable. All I'm really suggesting is that we approach 2011 differently than we approached 2010. I believe by doing so the benefits will far outweigh the risks.

For my couples out there, I still believe in your love when you lose faith in it. I want you to be kind and gentle to one another this year. I want you to communicate more in 2011 than you ever did in 2010, and I want you to pull no punches with one another. If an issue arises or you just want to tell your partner how much easier life is with them in your world then by all means say it. Speak, speak, and speak some more in the New Year and where connection has been tampered with talk your way back to making it as strong as it has always been meant to be. Loving one another, being gentle, kind, and communicating will make your love worth fighting for. As human beings we're all on a journey for peace. If you've been blessed to find that special person that can share the journey with you just have faith in your union and learn to filter out whatever is unnecessary. Love always wins and if it isn't love you already know my motto...They have to go. In 2011, let us love ourselves passionately with strong emotion that exceeds what anyone else can offer us. Let us also be kind to ourselves. There will be no beating up of self in 2011. If you find yourself doing that I want you to recognize it immediately and regroup. We are not stupid, crazy, insensitive etc...We are just human and we will all have our days from time to time. I will be praying for all of us as the year goes on and I know that this year will be filled with great things. I wish you Love, Peace, Patience, and Blessings for the New Year! We finished 2010 strong now lets see what The B.C. Chronicles will evolve into for 2011. I'm ready!



Much Luv

post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment