Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Saving Grace & VIVMag



Ok, so as of late I must share that some pretty phenomenal things have been happening in my life. The more I seem to connect with my inner self, is the closer I seem to get to finding what my purpose in this world really is. I started The B.C. Chronicles on June 17th, 2010, and my reasoning for doing so was because I wanted to stir awareness. I wanted to share some of my own personal experiences, yet I also wanted to encourage both men and women to engage in healthy relationships that would offer them the love and peace that we all deserve. I'm not sure if I've ever shared this story, but I attended a "Together-Apart Series", by Chris "Kazi" Rolle on April 30, 2010, that was hosted by Malik Yoba and Egypt Sherrod. The impact it had on me was enough to stir my own awareness. Egypt was on the verge of getting married at the time, while Malik on the other hand spoke candidly about being single after divorce. The common denominator was that both host had very strong opinions of what good, healthy love consist of. I not only plugged into the conversation, but I knew that I needed to do more in order to be actively participating in the human race. I had to do my part. I watched relationships around me become more and more casual and I was sickened by that. As a person that believes in marriage yet knows the key to getting there is forming a secure and loving relationship with self I felt like I needed to speak to the world. Ironically enough, while I was writing I was still learning and from time to time because I doubted my own abilities I would pull back. I always received positive feedback from my readers, but I questioned if my message was being well-received. Did anyone really want to hear what I was saying? Hmmm well nearly six-months TO THE DAY that I started the blog that came to me as a dream one night; I am very pleased to report that someone wants to hear what I'm saying. When I doubt myself the most is when "My Saving Grace" always steps in, and provide messages that I couldn't ignore if I tried. "My Saving Grace" forces me to find strength and to believe in myself even when no one else will. What happened when I was contacted by Adrienne Wallace, the Vice President of Marketing at VIVmag is nearly unexplainable.


I received a message about a week ago from Adrienne who has a huge social media connection. That wouldn't be so great if she didn't have a huge heart to match but she does! Social media is a force to be reckoned with in today's society because it can take something that's on a small scale (like my blog), and bring it to a large scale almost overnight. This dear sweet woman scheduled a conference call with me that was very professional in nature. She spoke to me about becoming a VIVMaven, and she let me know that my blog was selected because of the Awareness that it provides. When she spoke to me in numbers she mentioned that out of 199 (more or less) some odd blogs reviewed mine had made it to the Top 5 list. Beginners luck? Maybe, but I'd like to think otherwise. What stood out the most in all of this was that Adrienne (who also writes a blog) had written a post herself the night before we ever spoke, which I saw posted on Twitter. The language and the message that I read on her blog was so beautiful that I shared it both on Twitter and on Facebook page for my followers to read. I had no idea what she was going to say to me during our conference call yet my expectations were little to none. I gladly accepted an affiliate deal through their VIVMavens Network when it was offered because after researching the magazine I was sold on its mission. The magazine is built on 7 pillars which include, Fitness, Wellness, Awareness, Healthy Eating, Style, Beauty, and Travel. Because the magazine is digital I was able to do my research online right from my desk. I was impressed with what I found to say the least. All of the pillars are places that I'm in the process of exploring within my own life and here was a magazine that could relate to without question. I found oneness on its pages and I was sold.


As I continue on my journey for peace I look for things to be simple and to be easy these days. I look more to connect with people that are looking for like things, and less to connecting with those who aren't. I thank all of you that have stuck with me since day 1 from the bottom of my heart. Today is our 6-month anniversary! I heavily urge you to check out VIVMag by clicking their link (Nov/Dec Cover) under the "Blogs I Enjoy" section of my page. I also want you to write your comments and let me know what you think about the magazine. If this is what the 6-month mark looks like then I can't wait to see what the 1-year mark will bring! I'm excited to continue writing stories that you can relate to and I'm so ready to stay relevant and keep your interest here! I have some more exciting news to share with you all right before we enter the New Year. Every step of the way I promise that we will get closer and closer to connecting with our inner self. I'm sure "My Saving Grace" sent VIVMag to help. Enjoy and God Bless!


Much Luv

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment